Try Mountain Snowmobiling in Clear Creek County
There’s nothing more exhilarating than racing across fresh snowpack in the Rocky Mountains on a snowmobile. Fortunately, finding great snowmobiling in Colorado is as simple as heading to Clear Creek County, just west of Denver. Come enjoy this great group sport and witness our winter wonderland.
Read Our Snowmobile Safety Tips
When snowmobiling, here are some important safety tips to follow:
- Check weather forecast and snow conditions
- Wear warm clothing and protective gear
- Always go with a friend
- Carry a first aid kit
- Avoid tree wells
- Don’t go over frozen rivers
- Stay on the trail
- Kids always accompanied by an adult
- Watch out for avalanches
- Please pay special attention to ALL Avalanche warnings or contact the Colorado Avalanche Information Center by calling 970-482-0457 or 303-499-9650.
Below are a few recommended locations for snowmobiling in Clear Creek, as well as places for snowmobile rental. Maps are available at the Idaho Springs Visitor Center (call 303-567-4382).
For more information on snowmobiling around Colorado, please visit Colorado Snowmobile Association or the Snowmobiling Map produced by the Colorado Directory.
Learn More About Colorado Snowmobiling
Find Snowmobile Trails
Clear Creek County boasts a number of great mountain snowmobiling trails. Learn more about their length and elevation gain.